This Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 13th, Haven Gastropub in Old Towne Orange is offering a haven for Mom with a special 3-course menu presented by Executive Chef Greg Daniels, Chef de Cuisine Matthew Roman, and Pastry Chef Santanna Salas. The Mother’s Day prix-fixe menu is priced at $30, and will be offered alongside Haven’s regular menu all day Sunday, beginning at 11 a.m.
According to Chef Daniels, this menu is a collection of dishes inspired by the Chefs' own Mothers, who served them their “first course.” As with all offerings on Haven Gastropub’s menu, these memorable, unique dishes are made from mostly local or organic produce, sustainable seafood, and naturally and humanely raised meats.
Mother’s Day Menu
$30++ Offered all day beginning at 11 a.m. Sunday, May 13th
- Tea-Smoked Trout: poached quail egg, squaw bread and bacon crumble, sea beans, caramelized chicory
- A Toast to Asparagus: sautéed green asparagus, pickled white and purple asparagus, Easter egg radish, fried asparagus spears, chive and Meyer lemon buerre noisette
- Haven Meatloaf: housemade meatloaf, English pea and crème friache relish, roasted sunburst yellow squash, Haven ketchup
- Grilled Lamb T-Bones: farro and mushroom risotto, parsley and mint gremolata, pomegranate and rosemary demi glace
- Strawberry Shortcake: cornmeal-lemon shortcake, fresh strawberries, ginger-infused whipped cream
- Blueberry Crumble: buttermilk foam, meyer lemon sorbet (every Mom's gonna want to get this!)
According to Haven Managing Partner/Beverage Director, Wil Dee, each new menu item can be paired with one of the 14 beers always present on draft or one of more than 100 bottled craft beers. Dee adds that many of the dishes pair nicely with Haven’s selection of more than 70 whiskeys, scotches and bourbons, as well as a worldly wine list, with nearly 50 wines by the glass.
Reservations can be made by calling 714-221-0680. Haven Gastropub’s menu can be found online at http://havengastropub.com/orange/eat.html.