Air fryers seem to be the new trend in home cooking. There is a reason why many people are turning to air fryers as a healthy alternative to traditional deep frying. There are many health benefits for making the switch to the air fryer and there are some great recipes that can be made with this fryer.
One of the main reasons why people use them is to reduce the amount of fat that is in the food they are cooking.
They can still enjoy the crispy taste that fried foods offer but without all of the fat and calories. Some recipes require a tablespoon or oil while others do not need oil at all. Cooking with the air circulation of the deep fryer takes the fat out of frying foods.
A person can then eat a healthier version of the friend food and help reduce the health risks associated with a high fat diet. The air fryer allows the cook to remove the extra fat from the food without compromising the taste or the texture. The nice and crunchy coatings will still be on the food and they will not be soggy in any way.
The air fryer is also a good way to save time when it comes to cooking. The air fryer does not have to be preheated before use and due to the high intensity level of the heat foods cook much quicker in this fryer then in convention ovens or even other deep fryers.
Many foods are able to be fully cooked in as little as 10 minutes. The best part is that the materials are dishwasher friendly which makes clean up easy.
Many people love Chinese springs rolls but they can be very greasy. The air fryer makes the same crispy spring rolls only without all the oil and the grease. Once the spring rolls are prepared they will only take 5 minutes to cook, making them a great appetizer.
The following ingredients are going to be needed:
- 120 grams of cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ cup mushrooms, finely sliced
- ½ tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 8 spring roll wrappers
1) Mix the chicken, the celery, carrots, and the mushrooms.
2) Add the sugar and ginger. Mix the egg and the cornstarch.
3) Put the chicken mixture into the spring roll wrappers.
4) Brush the edge of the wrappers with the egg and cornstarch mixture.
5) Roll up the wrappers to close.
6) The egg mixture will help seal them shut.
7) Set the temperature of the air fryer to 400 degrees.
8) Put the rolls into the fryer basket and allow them to cook for 4 minutes.
9) When the rolls are done they will be lightly browned and crispy.
Spring rolls are one of the great recipes that can be made using the air fryer. A person will still get the crispy taste they love only without all the grease and oil.
These recipes will drastically reduce the amount of fat that is in fried foods. A person can easily cook all their favorite fried dishes using the air fryer and they will come out nice and crispy.
Comments are closed for this blog post