With lights twinkling on houses and fires roaring in fireplaces, the holiday season is full of occasions that bring families and friends together. Hawaiian Host, the original chocolate covered macadamia candy, makes it easy and delicious to enjoy its delicious candies throughout the season with a series of new holiday recipes starring milk, dark and white chocolate versions of the original Hawaiian candy.
“Whether enjoyed at parties or given as gifts, boxes of genuine Hawaiian Host chocolate covered macadamia nuts always have been a holiday tradition,” said Casie McKinney, assistant brand manager, Hawaiian Host, Inc. “This year we are inspiring creativity with a series of recipes that encourage people to think differently about our chocolates and infuse the Aloha spirit into the holidays.”
Hawaiian Host chocolate covered macadamias start with premium macadamias that are hand-selected, dry roasted and vacuum sealed to ensure freshness. The signature candy that started it all back in 1927 combines the macadamias with a special blend of milk chocolate to create its classic taste. Chocolate covered macadamias are also available in rich dark chocolate. Additional specialty items feature gourmet ingredients including toffee, caramel, honey and more.
With so many holiday celebrations throughout the season, Hawaiian Host makes it easy to create simple recipes with ingredients that most people tend to have in their cupboards.
Hawaiian Host Whole Macadamia White Chocolate Crunch
Makes one 8x8 pan
7 oz. (18 pieces) Hawaiian Host Whole Macadamia White Chocolates
1 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup Mini marshmallows
¼ cup Creamy peanut butter
1. Melt Hawaiian Host White Chocolate in microwave oven in 4 quart casserole at 70 percent power for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring periodically, until melted.
2. Stir in creamy peanut butter.
3. Add both Rice Krispies and mini marshmallows, and stir.
4. Pour into buttered 8 x 8 square pan or dish.
5. When firm, cut into squares.
Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMac Butter Cookies
Makes 2 dozen small cookies
7 oz (14 pieces) Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMacs, chopped into pieces
½ cup Butter, unsalted
½ cup Granulated sugar
½ cup Light brown sugar, granulated
1 Egg, large
1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix butter and sugars in large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg and beat, then add vanilla extract.
4. Mix flour, salt and soda, and add gradually to butter mixture.
5. Fold in Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate pieces.
6. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown.
8. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Boxes of Hawaiian Host chocolate covered macadamia nuts, specialty items, assorted selections, gifts and more can be purchased and shipped to the continental United States, Hawai’i and Canada by visiting Hawaiian Host.