Do you love sushi? To enhance the flavors try pairing it with the perfect sake.
They have an amazing pairing menu for OC Wine Week. Enjoy a delicious $10 lunch with an optional $10 sake flight and a 4 course complete pairing menu for only $30.View Menu Here
Most people think of a traditional wine pairing, but it is interesting to see how rice wine sake can enhance the different savory, spicy & sweet flavors of sushi. My favorite was the Kizakkura Pure Sake. If you love rolls, this goes with just about anything.Did you know?
1. It is said to be bad luck to pour your own sake? Always pour one for a friend.
2. If sake is too hot or too cold, flavors will be masked.
3. There are approximately 65 varieties of rice designated as sake rice.
4. Sake is considered rice wine and not alcohol and is typically 15 -19% alcohol
5. Sake is free of hangover causing additives
6. “Kampai” is the traditional Japanese toast - similar to “Cheers”
Not a fan of sake... try a delicious coconut mojito.
You can even make a Coconut Mojito for yourself.
Squeeze of half a lime
6 mint leaves
1 oz. Ciroc Coconut Vodka
.5 oz. coconut rum
1 oz. pineapple juice
.25 oz. cream of coconut
Splash of soda
Sprig of mint and lime wedge for garnish
Preparation: Muddle mint leaves. Combine with ice and shake all ingredients, except for soda. Pour into iced glass and top with splash of soda. Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge.
Even better, visit RA
and try one today.