Wienerschnitzel, the world’s largest hot dog chain, is tipping its stein to the company’s “sort of German” roots by offering Grilled Bratwurst in celebration of Oktoberfest. “With our brand named Wienerschnitzel, we have to have some fun with our fans around this historic holiday!” said Doug Koegeboehn, Wienerschnitzel’s Chief Marketing Officer. “I love Oktoberfest and the best thing to eat during this annual event is a grilled Bratwurst. Even our mascot, The Delicious One, has donned his lederhosen for the celebration.” Sausage and Oktoberfest fans are encouraged to break out their lederhosen and take part in the 200-year-old global celebration by heading to their nearest Wienerschnitzel to try the new Grilled Bratwurst, available now through October. Smothered with mustard and kraut or grilled onions, it’s like an Oktoberfest in your mouth.
Oktoberfest Fun Facts:
· After the 2013 Oktoberfest celebration, the lost and found consisted of 1,056 passports, 520 wallets, 320 cell phones, 300 bags, 50 cameras, 2 wedding rings, a hearing aid, a set of false teeth, and a Segway
· Paris Hilton has been permanently banned from Oktoberfest
· People drank 6.9 million liters of beer in 2014. The record was in 2011 with 7.5 million liters
· Albert Einstein once worked as an electrician and helped set up one of the beer tents in 1896
· Oktoberfest has its own post office and sends about 130,000 post cards and gifts every year
The Grilled Bratwursts are grilled in-house and available through October, or while supplies last. For more information and to find your nearest location, visit www.wienerschnitzel.com.